Does your company have what it takes to be Renfrewshire’s very own Alan Sugar?
The Recruit is a 6 week personal development programme run by Renfrewshire Council and is based on the hit BBC programme ‘The Apprentice’. The programme will stretch 15 individuals and test their skills and innovation at every opportunity. The competition is based on equipping the participants (16-19 yr olds) with the top ten skills employers seek There will be at least 5 jobs that the young people will compete for and decided at a final interview.
Throughout the 6 years of the programme, several companies held challenges which helped The Recruits to develop the necessary skills for business; increase their confidence and make them determined. Team work was a key aspect in The Recruit; the students were put into five teams which they remained in throughout the competition. Below is a list of some of the challenges that took place in The Recruit 2010:
- Outward bound trip to Auchengillan – Various activities including climbing, raft building, cat walk, abseiling etc. All the activities were challenging but exciting!
- Creating a new biscuit for Borders Biscuits (included a tour of the production factory). This gave the students the chance to develop their very own product and to market it to a panel of judges.
- Masterchef – @The Experience – This included the teams competing with each other to devise and cook a three course meal which was then served to and judged by 30 people.
- Another business challenge – Organised by Renfrewshire Council’s Town Centre team this challenge involved spending £40 on Fair-trade products in the Rainbow Turtle Shop, which the 2010 Recruits then went on to sell at the farmers market to see which team could make the largest profit;
- Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce- which involved The Recruits given the remit of devising a social enterprise business idea for Paisley high street to attract traffic , all to a budget and then pitch their ideas to the chamber staff ( some previous Recruits !! ) . This improved the Recruits’ presentation skills and increased their confidence.
This year the programme will run from set the 5th of September until mid October. If you can’t offer a challenge but could give some time to participate in our Mock Interview challenge or any other expertise you would like to support the group with please get in touch
For this to happen we need your support , please get involved and make the Recruit 2016 the best yet .
For any further enquires please get in touch with Karen McNulty 01416186754 or 07985709521 or email email@example.com