Renfrewshire Chamber is delighted to announce the University of the West of Scotland as the Main Sponsor for its annual business awards, the ROCCOs. Now in its 11th year the ROCCO Awards is the area’s premier black tie business event attracting 500 guests every year.
Commenting on the news Chamber President Tom Johnston said “Thank you to UWS for their support, we are delighted they are main sponsor for the ROCCOs in 2014, the 50th anniversary of Renfrewshire Chamber. The Chamber has enjoyed a strong relationship with the University for many years. Myself and our CEO studied there with our Deputy CEO currently studying for his MBA also. Under the leadership of new Principal Professor Craig Mahoney, UWS has an exciting future and we are committed to working with them”.
Commenting on the announcement of UWS as ROCCO main sponsor, Professor Craig Mahoney, Principal & Vice Chancellor of UWS, said: “The University is committed to working with organisations in its campus areas to help enhance the economy and skills of the local areas. This distinctive and important regional role is a key strand of our strategic aims for the West of Scotland, as well as strengthening our presence in the national and international arenas.
“Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce makes a hugely important contribution in creating prosperity for the region and we are delighted to support the Chamber and be the main sponsor for the ROCCOs in 2014. I’m also encouraged, of course, to hear of the successful careers of our alumni, now in senior positions with Renfrewshire Chamber!”
The ROCCOs are now open for entry. All members of Renfrewshire Chamber can enter for free and also non-members that are based in Renfrewshire. Winning a ROCCO is a great achievement — the ROCCO brand is recognised across Renfrewshire and beyond and a great accolade for all finalists & winners. The ROCCOs are a celebration and a great way to reward staff & clients.
The awards ceremony for 2014 will take place on Friday 14th November at The Normandy and be hosted by ROCCO regular, Fred MacAulay. Companies are advised to book early to avoid disappointment.
For more info, to enter any of the 16 categories or book a table please visit www.roccoawards.com
The 16 categories are:
1. Business Leader of the Year sponsored by Diageo
2. Community Champion of the Year sponsored by Engage Renfrewshire & RBS
3. Employer of the Year sponsored by Rolls Royce
4. Enterprise in Education sponsored by the University of the West of Scotland
5. Excellence in Customer Service sponsored by intu Braehead
6. Excellence in Manufacturing sponsored by the Scottish Leather Group
7. Family Business of the Year sponsored by The Malcolm Group
8. Innovation & Technology sponsored by Hillington Park
9. International Trade sponsored by Glasgow Airport
10. Invest in Renfrewshire sponsored by Renfrewshire Council
11. Journey to Zero Waste sponsored by the William Tracey Group
12. Most Promising New Business sponsored by Business Gateway Renfrewshire
13. Outstanding Performing Business >25 staff sponsored by the Phoenix Car Company
14. Outstanding Performing Business <5 staff sponsorship available
15. Outstanding Performing Business >5 & <25 staff sponsored by Renfrewshire Council
16. Young Business Person of the Year sponsored by West College Scotland
Entry closes Friday 5th September at 5pm
Picture attached: left Tom Johnston Chamber President, right – Professor Craig Mahoney, Principal & Vice Chancellor of the University of the West of Scotland