Sixteen of Renfrewshire’s best businesses were honoured at the weekend during the 10th ROCCOs – the annual business awards of Renfrewshire Chamber.
Sponsored this year by Life Technologies, who have their European HQ in Inchinnan, the sell-out crowd of 500 celebrated at The Normandy Hotel, hosted by ROCCO regular Fred MacAulay.
Renfrewshire Council sponsored the Outstanding Business 5 to 25 staff award, won by Sarkar Defence.
There was also an Invest in Renfrewshire award to recognise the company which had best engaged with the spirit of the council programme to support the local economy, won by Carli’s Kindergarten.
Chamber president Tom Johnston commented: “It was a great night – a real celebration of the great businesses and people we have in Renfrewshire.
“I encourage all our 16 winners to use their ROCCO win in their own PR and share their good news with staff and clients.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our sponsors, premier partners and companies that supported ROCCO 2013. For those that didn’t win I hope you will enter ROCCO 2014.”
The ROCCO 2013 winners are:
1. Excellence in Customer Service sponsored by intu Braehead – Glasgow Airport
2. Journey to Zero Waste sponsored by the William Tracey Group – Chivas Brothers
3. Excellence in Manufacturing sponsored by the Scottish Leather Group – Rolls Royce
4. Innovation & Technology sponsored by MEPC Hillington Park – Rainbow Technology Systems
5. Family Business of the Year sponsored by The Malcolm Group – Spectrum Service Solutions
6. Outstanding Performing Business <5 staff sponsored by IRW Systems – Designline Creative
7. Outstanding Performing Business >5 & <25 staff sponsored by Renfrewshire Council – Sarkar Defence
8. Outstanding Performing Business >25 staff sponsored by the Phoenix Car Company – Bray Controls
9. Most Promising New Business sponsored by Business Gateway – Engage Marketing & Communications
10. Community Champion of the Year sponsored by Engage Renfrewshire & RBS – No Substitute for Life
11. International Trade sponsored by Glasgow Airport – Sarkar Defence
12. Young Business Person of the Year sponsored by West College Scotland – Craig Bickett (Tuckerbox)
13. Employer of the year sponsored by Rolls Royce – Life Technologies
14. Invest in Renfrewshire sponsored by Renfrewshire Council – Carli’s Kindergarten
15. Enterprise in Education sponsored by the University of the West of Scotland – Ferguslie Pre-five Centre
16. Business Leader of the Year sponsored by Diageo – Peter Beagley, intu Braehead
With entertainment provided by young artists from UWS MA in Songwriting and Performance and Loud’n’Proud, the event raised £10,000 for local charities and good causes including Accord Hospice and Sailability (Sailing for the disabled). Afterwards guests celebrated into the night at the after show party.
Renfrewshire Chamber themselves are officially shortlisted in the coveted UK Chamber of the Year award with the winner announced in London at a glittering awards ceremony at the end of November.
The popular Chamber based in Paisley at Glasgow Airport has a growing membership at just under 600 companies and celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2014.
For more info on the ROCCOs please visit www.roccoawards.com