The first annual Invest in Renfrewshire Celebration and Conference was held over 19th and 20th June 2013 at the Normandy Hotel in Renfrew.
Over 150 people, from the council, local businesses and the third sector, gathered on the Wednesday evening to look back on and celebrate the first year of the programme.
The audience heard from the Leader of Renfrewshire Council, Mark Macmillan, and its Chief Executive, David Martin, as well as from young people and businesses that have benefitted from Invest in Renfrewshire, including Fission Creative, Marble Fashion Designs and Engage Marketing.
Bray Controls Ltd, Cairellot Learning Centre and Ingliston Country Club also received Special Recognition Awards for the dedication they have shown to the aims of Invest in Renfrewshire.
More than 200 delegates participated in Thursday’s Partnership Conference on Employment, covering topics such as national and local employability initiatives, welfare reform and job creation.
All of the presentations from the celebration and conference can be downloaded below:
- John Reid: DWP – Our Road Ahead
- Yvonne O’Hara and Joanne Gallagher: DWP Update
- Councillor Mark Macmillan: Moving Forward in Partnership
- Lynne Lambie: Our Skillsforce
- Sandra Inrig and Alison Mason: Renfrewshire Employability Partnership
- David Martin: Renfrewshire’s Economy
- Isobel Miller: The Employability Fund
- Sandra Black and Allan Clifford: Welfare Reform Overview
- Ruth Cooper: Working with Employers and Creating Jobs