Start Up Street Johnstone
Are you a new business or a business that has been trading less than 5 years looking for its first commercial premises?
Is your business involved in Health and Well-Being?
Start-Up Street Johnstone is a fantastic opportunity to launch or grow your own health and well-being business with funding and support from Renfrewshire Council.
We recognise that each enterprise has its own individual needs therefore successful entrepreneurs will benefit from a comprehensive package of tailored support including:
- A dedicated business adviser to support you at each stage of your business journey providing advice and guidance helping you to overcome any unexpected challenges
- A rental subsidy which will amount to:
- 75% property costs for the first 6 months
- 50% property costs for the second 6 months
- 25% property costs for the third 6 months
- Workshops and training by industry experts on the “how to” aspects of making your business successful for example marketing, book-keeping, sales, customer service, business growth planning
- Specialist advice
- Funding routes
Applications are open to sole traders, partnerships, limited liability partnerships and limited companies that:
- Are either a start-up or have trading less than 5 years and have not operated from commercial premises
- Are working with a Business Gateway Adviser,
- Have a business bank account, and
- Are small or medium sized – with fewer than 250 employees
Applications will only be considered from full-time business.
Applicants will go through a competitive admission process involving an application and an interview. Busines plans will be judged on growth, jobs and added value to the Renfrewshire economy.
A completed Application Form should be submitted, (explaining why Start Up Street Johnstone and financial assistance from Renfrewshire Council are necessary) together with a copy of an up-to-date business plan and at least two years financial forecasts (profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow).