Renfrewshire Employability Awards 2017 at Paisley Town Hall last week was a fantastic testament to everyone involved.
These awards celebrate the enterprise, talent and commitment to excellence that characterise Renfrewshire’s businesses and their employees. The impressive list of nominees included local people who have been supported by such businesses through the Employability in Renfrewshire Partnership programmes.
We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all our finalists and partners who have shown what is possible and inspire our continued success.
The winners are:
- Most Promising New Employee: Jamie Drysdale, Power 1 Electrical Contractors Ltd
- Most Promising New Entrepreneur: Euan McIntosh, Starkstrom (Scotland) Ltd
- Top Intern: Debbie Campbell, I Am Me Scotland
- Best Trainee: Homam Sharif, Renfrewshire Council
- CV Builder (Youth): Morgan Spence, Johnstone High School
- CV Builder (Adult): Laura Connor, Engage Renfrewshire
- Apprentice of the Year: Andrew McClorey, Renfrewshire Council
- Progression in Work: Laura Currie, Consilium Contracting Ltd
- Achiever of the Year: Barbara Brown
Renfrewshire has always had a strong, creative, hardworking and entrepreneurial culture. We also have a strong sense of community and fairness. Through local partnership working, we have made great strides in developing our economy, tackling poverty, regenerating our towns and empowering our communities.
More than 1,000 local businesess have signed up to the Invest in Renfrewshire programme which support 1,400 people each year by providing access vacancies, work experience, training, personal support and finance.
The programme is now based at the recently refurbished Russell Institute building on Causeyside Street, which is also home to Skills Development Scotland.
The awards night concluded with three Special Recognition awards for local businesses who have shown outstanding support over the last year, enthusiastically helping people prepare for work, enter work and progress in work.
These awards went to Papamacs Gourmet Kitchen in Johnstone; Gormac Coachworks in Renfrew and Carli’s Kindergarten in Erskine.
You can view photographs from the awards evening on Facebook.