Council interns, trainees and apprentices were among the finalists at the 2018 Renfrewshire Employability Awards.
Renfrewshire employers and employability services nominated people who they’ve supported through the area’s employability programmes.
And the winners were announced at a glittering reception at Paisley Town Hall this week, hosted by television and radio presenter Bryan Burnett.
The awards recognise people preparing for work, achieving in work and in-work progression.
They were awarded by employability partners across the region: West College Scotland; Skills Development Scotland; Developing Young Workforce (West); Engage Renfrewshire; Department of Work and Pensions; University of the West of Scotland; Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership and Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce.
2018 Employability Awards finalists (winners in bold):
- Most Promising New Employee: Chris Cummings (Linstone Housing Association); Christopher Morris (YMCA); Jordan McWilliam (DM8 Signs)
- Most Promising New Entrepreneur: Bobby Quinn (Base Muay Thai Fitness Gym); Caroline Gormley (Made in Paisley); Laura Connor (Soaps by Laura)
- Top Intern: Amna Lateef (Renfrewshire Council); Cameron Kelly (Renfrewshire Council); Rachael Gray (Linstone Housing)
- Best Trainee: Amy McSloy (Renfrewshire Council); Euan Kilcullen (Renfrewshire Council); Toni Elliot (Barnardos)
- CV Builder (Youth): Caitlin Parry (Castlehead High School); Emma Gormley (Paisley Grammar); Michael Higgins (Linwood High School)
- CV Builder (Adult): Lindsay Murray (Home-Start Renfrewshire and Inverclyde); Lucia Nimmo (Impact Arts); Maryann Wright (The Tannahill Centre)
- Apprentice of the Year: Heather Mills (Renfrewshire Council); Jack Bain (Renfrewshire Council); Rachael McGregor (Scotia Handling Services Ltd)
- Progression in Work: Caitlyn McLearie (Ralston Out of School Care); Cameron Esplin (McTaggart Construction); Ronnie Lockhart (Tivoli / Linstone Housing Association)
- Achiever of the Year: Amy Orr (Hunterhill Care Home); James Kelly (STAR Project); Ronnie Lockhart (Tivoli / Linstone Housing Association)
The night concluded with Special Recognition awards for local businesses who have gone the extra mile in helping people prepare and progress in work. These awards went to Glencoats Afterschool Care, Wholesale Domestic Equipment Company Ltd and Linstone Housing Association.
The awards are organised by Invest in Renfrewshire on behalf of the Renfrewshire Employability Partnership and the 2018 awards were sponsored by RAMH, Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce; Skills Development Scotland and Linstone Housing.