The incentive provides funding to support the wage costs of employing a formerly unemployed Renfrewshire resident. The maximum incentive is 50% of the National Minimum Wage/Living Wage costs for the first 26 weeks of employment.
To be eligible for support, the employer must:
- have a business base in the Renfrewshire Council area and have signed up to the Invest in Renfrewshire Partnership Agreement;
- be registered with HMRC as an employer and have a PAYE Tax Reference; and
- be classed as a Small to Medium Enterprise i.e. employ fewer than 250 employees and have an annual turnover of less than 50 million Euros. (Criteria applies to group company)
The job must be:
- new, additional and permanent to your business with a written contract of permanent employment (temporary/seasonal or replacement positions will not be supported);
- have basic hours of 30 or more hours per week (zero hour contracts will not be eligible);
- pay at least the National Minimum Wage for age (reviewed annually). https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates. (If paying the National Apprenticeship Rate, the employee must be registered on a formal MA Framework confirmed in advance of starting employment)
The person recruited must be:
- resident in the Renfrewshire Council area and registered with Invest in Renfrewshire; and
- be aged between 16 and 29 years at the time of starting work and
- not in employment, education or training, and
- not on any DWP mandatory programme
- be eligible to work in the UK
Invest in Renfrewshire can help to identify suitable candidates for your vacancy, please see ‘Help to Fill Vacancies’ for more information.
Please note that an application for funding is not a guarantee of grant. Employers must not make a job offer or start a candidate until they have received and accepted a formal Offer of Grant from Renfrewshire Council.
Applications for Grant after an employee has started will not be considered.