call us on 0300 300 1180

Further and Higher Education

Invest in Renfrewshire > Employability > Further and Higher Education

Thinking of going to college or uni?

Find out what support is available to students.

If you’re applying for college or uni, make sure you apply early, as courses can fill up fast. Funding might also be available, depending on your income and living situation, and student discount can mean you save on shopping, leisure activities and days out.

Funding opportunities include Educational Maintenance Allowance (for 16-19 year olds in full-time education), college bursaries and student grants and loans. ILAs (Individual Learning Account) can be used to cover the cost of some training courses, as long as you’re aged 16+ and earning less than £22,000 a year.


West College Scotland offers a range of full-time and part-time courses, from Access to Higher National Diploma level. If you need a qualification to get the job you want, or just to enhance your CV, a college course can be a great place to start.

The University of the West of Scotland has loads of undergraduate and post-graduate degrees in a wide variety of subjects. University degrees can show employers you’re serious about an industry, know your stuff and are willing and able to learn.

[qodef_icon_with_text icon_pack=”font_awesome” fa_icon=”” icon_position=”left-from-title” icon_type=”normal” icon_size=”qodef-icon-tiny” icon_animation=”” title=”Contact us” title_tag=”h3″ link=”/contact/” custom_icon=”8494″ title_color=”#ef8008″ text=”Speak to an advisor who can support you through your application and help you access funding. You can make an appointment on 0300 300 1180.”]